- 1 cantaloupe
- About 3 tablespoons sugar or vanilla sugar (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Wash, cut in half, and remove the seeds from the cantaloupe. Cut into wedges, and then into cubes.
- If you like, toss the cubes with a little sugar or vanilla sugar. If the melon is a very sweet one, it will not need the extra sugar. If it's on the watery side, though, adding a little sugar helps with the caramelization.
- Roast until the melon begins to look a little shriveled and has started to caramelize, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.