Pork and Watermelon Kebobs
- 32 cubes watermelon one inch cubes
- 1 lb pork chop boned, lean, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 7 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp thyme ground
- 16 slices zucchini 1/2 inch round slices
- 16 chunks pineapple 1 inch chunks
- 24 slices bell pepper 1 inch slices, orange or yellow bell pepper
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme & peppers in a mixing bowl. Pour into a zip-lock bag and add pork pieces. Seal bag, mix thoroughly, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning bag on occasion.
- Remove pork from bag and reserve marinade. Thread 5 pork pieces, 4 watermelon cubes, 2-3 zucchini rounds, 2 pineapple chunks, and 3 pepper slices on each of 8 skewers, alternating the order.
- Prepare grill.
- Spray cooking surface and place kebabs on grill. Grill for 12-15 minutes, depending on grill heat, or until done, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.